What TaylorMade Say:
Metal Meets Mettle - An iron is more than metal. It's the result of countless hours of research, testing and player feedback. From concept to delivery, every step is taken with one goal in mind. Delivering results when you need them the most. The new P•790, where our metal meets your mettle. Experience them yourself and discover the player they'll push you to become.
Features & Benefits:
- SpeedFoam™ Air - Newly engineered SpeedFoam™ Air is 69% lighter than its predecessor. It provides an average of 3.5g of weight savings that has been redistributed to further optimize mass properties for better launch conditions. The new formulation gives you exquisite sound and feel while producing a fast, flexible face.
- Thin-Wall Construction and Forged L-Face- A new 8620 carbon steel construction makes the head thinner by up to 37.5% in strategic locations, allowing for a significantly lower CG placement. This new thin-walled design pairs with a responsive 1.5mm forged 4140 steel L-Face to promote supreme flexibility, fast ball speeds and distance while upholding a premium forged feel.
- Thru-Slot Speed Pocket™ - The Thru-Slot Speed Pocket™ provides increased face flexibility while preserving ball speed and distance on low face strikes.
- Intelligent Sweet Spot - Using data analytics, we have re-positioned the sweet spot lower on the face to naturally capture more shots and provide performance where golfers need it most.
- Tungsten Mass for Low CG - Engineers developed new construction methods to thin out the body, allowing for up to 31g of tungsten to be placed in the toe. It creates a massive amount of stability and forgiveness wrapped in a player’s package.
Our Recommended Player Profile:
The 3rd generation of P790 brings with it a refinement of every detail, cleaner looks, better feel and more consistent distance. Despite its compacted looks it is suitable for mid-to-low as well as the mid-to-high handicap players looking for amazing feel, workability and distance.
#4 Iron - PW (7 Clubs)
Quick View - Iron
No posts found