What Ping Say:
A powerful new design engineered with a forged, maraging-steel face significantly increases speed and distance while providing a pleasing feel and sound. All packaged in a compact, players-style model perimeter weighted to elevate forgiveness and deliver long, towering shots that hit and hold the green.
Features & Benefits:
- Forged, Maraging Steel Face - The strength of the variable-thickness, maraging steel allows for a thinner, more dynamic face structure with an internal sole undercut in the 17-4 stainless steel body to increase flexing to launch shots faster and higher with predictability.
- Extreme Weighting - Tungsten toe and shaft tip weights combine with a tiered, dynamic face structure to expand the perimeter weighting while preserving ball speed through greater face deflection for added distance and improved accuracy.
- Pleasing Sound, Feel - A polymer is precisely injected onto the inside of the face to improve feel and sound
without interfering with face deflection, the source of its increased ball speed.
- Micromax Grooves - A precision-milled groove pattern allows for tighter spacing and a geometry that results in an average of four extra grooves to reduce fliers in the short irons and preserve spin in the long irons for greater control and consistency.
- Preferred Styling - The players-style blade length and offset with a modest topline create a clean, compact profile favored by discerning players. The hydropearl 2.0 finish repels water to ensure predictable, consistent performance from wet and dry conditions.
Our Recommend Player Profile:
The latest rendition in the "i" series of irons from Ping sees more innovation in stability and spin control ensuring consistent and predictable flights. The Hollow body design makes these surprisingly forgiving despite the compacted minimal offset looks. Classified in the "Players Distance Iron" category they are best suited for mid-to-low handicap players.
Set Make Up:
#5 Iron - PW (6 Clubs)
No posts found