2013 PGM Academy New Intake Begins
The PGM Peak Performance Golf Academy is proud to announce the 2013 intake is now open for registration.
The Academy provides the opportunity for the best male golfers in Malaysia to be trained under a Peak Performance Player Development Program, with the singular objective in having more and better Malaysian golfers playing on both the Asian and European Tours. Talented young golfers are welcomed to apply. Selected candidates will be trained professionally for a period of 24 weeks.
This 24 week Training Program provides holistic training in the areas of Technical, Mental, Physical, and Strategies. The program is largely funded by the PGM so students can attend this world class training program for just RM3000.00 per month, which includes:
- Lodging at the MSN National Sports Complex in Bukit Jalil for the duration of the program.
- Daily Meals at MSN, Kinrara Golf Club, and Impian Golf Club
- New PGM Tour Academy Building and Training Facilities at the Kinrara Golf Club.
- 24 weeks of unlimited golf coaching with a select group of International Coaches
- Weekly Physiotherapy Sessions
- Daily Fitness Training
- Regular Mental Coaching Sessions with Guest Speakers and Trainers
- “Golf Psych” Mental and Emotional Skills Assessment and Coaching
- Intensive training with PGA and LPGA Tour Guru, Ian Triggs
- Sponsored Golf Bag, Shirts, and Caps
- Golf Course Fees and Range Balls on training days
- Use of high performance training equipment such as K-Vest Motion Analysis System, PAT Brainwave Technology, Power Plate Fitness Machines, Power Max Fitness Machines, GC2 Launch Monitors, JC Video Swing Analysis Software and more.
- Transportation Allowance on training days
- Entry into Select PGM Tournaments inclusive of transportation allowance and entry fees
- An opportunity to play with the best Professional Golfers in Malaysia in actual tournament conditions
MST Golf Academy was appointed the Golf Instruction Provider and facilitator for the PGM Academy in 2012 and has successfully graduated the first intake of students with each student earning their PGM Tour Card for 2013. Here’s what some of the 2012 graduates had to say:
I was seeking for guidance and this academy had really answered my call. I have successfully improved my skills, fitness, game plan, distance, attitude, discipline and also my emotional strength.
The structure of the whole program is really good where it prepares us for life on the golf tour. For instance, waking up as early as six in the morning and training everyday till six in the evening instantly increases the self-discipline and endurance of a person, subsequently sets up the right persona and attitude towards becoming a true professional.
The facilities provided by the program itself, is sufficient to accommodate serious golfers who see golf as a career. Furthermore, the experience gained by playing with professional golfers on the PGM Tour is priceless and should be taken advantage of by the next intake of students.
Ong Jay Vie
I would like to express my appreciation to Ian Triggs, Stewart Ginn, Dean Hartman and his strong team from the MST Golf Academy. They are the soul of this academy and did a 6 months super great job for “polishing” us from a rough stone to a diamond.
About Professional Golf of Malaysia (PGM)
Professional Golf of Malaysia (PGM) is a Company Limited by Guarantee, registered on 5th August 2010 in Malaysia. As a non-profit organisation, PGM’s objectives are to promote the sport of golf and to contribute towards its enjoyment and growth. To conduct and/or coordinate training on golf-related courses in order to enhance the playing capabilities and skills of professional golfers, as well as to promote and/or conduct a golf Tour or events as a means to hone their skills and to elevate the standards of the professional golfers in Malaysia. Also, to provide a platform for Malaysia’s professional golfers to enable them to focus on playing while PGM shoulders the responsibility of arranging and financing these tournaments.
To achieve these objectives, PGM organises a series of golf tournaments on an annual basis. For the year 2012, PGM hosted 20 tournaments offering RM3 million in prize money, seven of which were co-sanctioned with the Asian Development Tour.
The schedule for 2013 features 22 tournaments offering prize money of over RM4 million, nine of which are co-sanctioned with the Asian Development Tour and three with the ASEAN Tour. The expansion of the Tour on an annual basis and the increased prize money is an indicator of its vibrant growth year-on-year.
For further information, please log in to http://pgmtour.blogspot.com/